The presentation will offer an insight into the broad scope of Food Integrity, focussing on protocols within companies to mitigate food fraud risk and encourage the supply of safe, quality food:
Introduction to Bart Ingredients.
Overview of the scope of Food Integrity.
Tier 1: Food Fraud Mitigation / Authenticity, Food Safety, Quality, Nutrition.
Tier 2: Provenance, Sustainability, Backward Integration, Ethics.
- Current challenges and focus on Food Fraud within Herbs and Spices – examples
- Overview of other areas of current interest within Food Integrity
Food Integrity Management fundamentals:
- Raw Material Specifications
- Supplier Management (Relationships, Audits, Performance Reviews) across multiple suppliers from around the globe
- Supply Chain (Transparency, Visibility, Simplification)
- Alert Monitoring (Horizon Scanning)
- Risk based surveillance testing (Including Bart in house NIR spectrometer)
Conclusion on the scope, challenges and management of Ingredients Integrity, mitigation strategies.
Gideon Ashworth, Head of Food Defence, Bart Ingredients