- The potential for food safety to impact food companies means it remains top of many of the Enterprise Risk Management matrices
- Much of the current debate on Food Safety focuses on the technical issues like new methods e.g. Whole Genome Sequencing, the rise in allergens and the issues posed by the circular economy
- Much debate will also take place around the relative merits of pyhsical and remote audits
- But are these the right topics?
- The fincreasing complexity of the topic, increased pressures on technical resources and the food industry has moved to become a Just In Time Industry.
- Have our Food Safety Assurance mechanisms evolved to keep pace with the changes in the industry and society?
Roy Kirby, Co-chair of the Global Food Safety Initiative, Fmr. Mondelez, GFSI